First Carolina Wealth Team
|JOHN SLAYTON, CFP®, AEP, CTFA, JD, Tax-LLM, MBA
Managing Director - First Carolina Wealth
Over 40 years of experience in the trust, securities, and financial planning industries; including, Managing Director of a N.C. regional bank wealth management department, CEO of a N.C. independent trust company, General Counsel and Investment Advisor to Gordon P. Getty Family Trust, and Corporate Attorney in one of the nation’s largest law firms. Master of Laws in Taxation, Georgetown University Law; Master of Business Administration in Finance and Investments and Juris Doctor, George Washington University; and Honors Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, Marquette University. Columnist, speaker, CLE lecturer, expert witness and Adjunct Asst. Professor of Finance, Love School of Business at Elon University.
RYAN MUMY, CFP®, AIF®
Ryan is the Chief Investment Officer of Capital Investment Advisory Services, LLC and has over 18 years experience in the financial services industry. Ryan manages assets for a high net worth client base, retirement plans and institutional investors Ryan also serves as Co-Portfolio Manager for Capital Investment Advisory Services’ Third-Party Money Management service, which provides management and economic commentary for other financial advisers.
Brooke serves as Operations Specialist for Capital Investment Advisory Services. Pursuant to the terms of the Investment Management Agreement between First Carolina Bank and Capital Investment Companies, Brooke assists in many First Carolina Wealth activities, as well as a back-up for client and vendor inquires.
Partnership With Capital Investment Companies
Expansion of a Five Year Partnership
- First Carolina Wealth focuses on expert planning advice and responsive client service.
- Capital Investment Companies, through its affiliate, Capital Investment Advisory Services, LLC, serves as investment manager and gateway to BNY Mellon for state-of-the-art custody and online access.
- Founded in Raleigh in 1984 and privately owned, Capital Investment Companies has grown to be one of the largest independent financial services, registered investment advisor and brokerage firms in the Southeast.
Registered Representatives are affiliated with Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc.
Notice: About Our Relationship with Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc.
Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc. and First Carolina Bank have entered into an agreement for Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc. to provide services at First Carolina Bank locations. Registered Representatives, independent contractors and employees of Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc. are not employees of First Carolina Bank, nor do they sell bank products.
Non-deposit investment and insurance products and services that are offered by Capital Investment Brokerage, Inc. and/or related agencies are:
- NOT INSURED BY THE FDIC
- NOT DEPOSITS IN OR OBLIGATIONS OF FIRST CAROLINA BANK
- NOT GUARANTEED BY FIRST CAROLINA BANK
- SUBJECT TO RISK, INCLUDING THE POSSIBLE LOSS OF INVESTMENT PRINCIPAL
Your Opinion Matters
Have a great experience to share or maybe a suggestion to improve a product or service? Share it with us!