We Do The Day-To-Day Things In Banking Extremely Well
The History of First Carolina Bank
First Carolina Bank has a unique history that is celebrated throughout the organization. It drives our culture and helps us to stay focused on our present communities.
Today, First Carolina Bank is a premier community financial services institution with a developed presence in the Carolinas, Virginia, and Georgia and has become one of the safest and most efficient banks in the US as measured by credit quality, liquidity, and overall operating practices.
- Headquartered in Rocky Mount, NC with eight additional branches spread across the Carolinas, Georgia, and Virginia (Atlanta, GA; Cary, NC; Columbia, SC; Greenville, SC; Raleigh, NC; Reidsville, NC; Wilmington, NC; Virginia Beach, VA)
- Rated in the top 1% in asset quality and the top 10% in tangible common equity/total assets and efficiency ratio (over the last 12 months) for banks nationwide as of May 2023
- Rated as fastest organically growing bank in the US over the 5-year period ending in December 2020 based on composite growth in assets, loans and deposits
- Rated no. 31 and the only North Carolina bank out of the top 100 US community banks with less than $3 billion in assets by S&P Global Market Intelligence in 2021
- Established as a full-service institution that can handle all financial needs for individuals and businesses as well as wealth management services through our trust division, First Carolina Wealth and our strategic partnership with Raleigh-based Capital Investment Companies
- Equipped to offer all technology solutions for clients preferring to transact electronically while also providing high touch personal service in client homes or offices
- Focused on building extensive community relationships by hiring highly capable, experienced, and personable personnel
Recent and future growth being driven by activity from Raleigh location and greater Research Triangle area with stable, low-cost funding support from our branch network
Top deposit market share in Rocky Mount
Strong competitive advantage with all branches located in primary markets with growing populations
- Uniquely positioned as one of the only 34 North Carolina banks with less than $3 billion in total assets, allowing for excellence in personalized customer relationship building
- Service-first focus, with our local team ready to assist rather than 1-800 help line
First Carolina Bank Markets
Our nine branch locations and service model enable our market reach to span across the majority of counties in our four-state footprint. We stand ready to meet in person or online at your direction to earn your complete relationship!