We Do The Day To Day Things In Banking Extremely Well
The History of First Carolina Bank
First Carolina Bank has a unique history that is celebrated throughout the organization. It embodies our culture and helps us to stay focused on our communities.
Today, First Carolina Bank is a premier community financial services institution in North and South Carolina, Georgia, and Virginia and has become one of the safest and most efficient banks in the US as measured by credit quality, liquidity and overall operating efficiency.
- Rated in the top 10% of all US financial institutions in terms of safety and soundness.
- Rated as fastest organically growing bank in the US over the 5-year period ending in December 2020 based on composite growth in assets, loans and deposits.
- Headquartered in Rocky Mount, NC with six locations spread across North Carolina and Virginia (Cary, Raleigh, Reidsville, Rocky Mount, Wilmington, and Virginia Beach), with new locations coming to South Carolina and Georgia (Columbia, Greenville, and Atlanta).
- We are a full-service institution that can handle all financial needs for individuals and businesses as well as wealth management services through our Trust division, First Carolina Wealth and our strategic partnership with Raleigh-based Capital Investment Companies.
- We offer all technology solutions for clients who prefer to transact with us electronically or we can provide high touch personal service in your home or office if you prefer.
- First Carolina focuses on building extensive community relationships by hiring highly capable and experienced personnel.
Recent and future growth being driven by activity from Raleigh, NC location and greater Research Triangle area with stable, low-cost funding support from our branch network.
Top deposit market share in Rocky Mount, NC.
The population in the Bank’s primary markets has continued to grow, leaving First Carolina with a strong competitive advantage with all branches.
North Carolina is a uniquely positioned, ripe market for community banks with only 34 banks having less than $3 billion in total assets. This leaves many customers underserved when looking for a more personal relationship with their bank, which is what First Carolina Bank excels in.
First Carolina Bank focuses on service first. It is always nice to know who is on the other side of the phone. With First Carolina Bank, there is no 1-800 service line, there is only a live person ready to assist you!