We Do The Day To Day Things In Banking Extremely Well
The History of First Carolina Bank
First Carolina Bank has a unique history that is celebrated throughout the organization. It embodies our culture and helps us to stay focused on our communities.
- The Bank was originally founded in 2000, starting from the Rocky Mount location based on local investors. In 2004, the Bank was acquired by Lansing, Michigan-based Capitol Bancorp (CBC), a bank holding company serving approximately 60 bank charters. Reidsville Community Bank was started with local investors petitioning for a community institution in 2008, and was licensed as a division of First Carolina State Bank within the CBC organizational structure.
- In July 2012, Ron Day, President & Chief Executive Officer, along with a group of mostly Rocky Mount-based shareholders acquired First Carolina State Bank and Reidsville Community Bank located in Rocky Mount, Reidsville, and Greenville.
- Over the next few months, employees worked diligently in each market to rebrand the Bank to be First Carolina Bank.
- In June 2015, we opened a Loan Production Office in Raleigh, NC and then expanded to full service in the same Raleigh location as our customers’ needs grew and the response to our model strengthened.
- In September 2017, we opened a Loan Production Office in Wilmington, NC.
- Today, First Carolina Bank is a premier community bank in North Carolina and has been one of the fastest growing banks in the Southeast through organic growth in each of the last 3 years. We emerged as one of safest institutions - measured by credit quality and overall liquidity.
- Rated in the top 10% of all US financial institutions in terms of safety and soundness.
- Fastest growing bank, organically, in North Carolina in each of the last four years (2014-2017).
- We are a full service institution that can handle all financial needs for individuals and businesses and offer wealth management services through our strategic partnership with Raleigh-based Capital Investment Companies.
- We offer all technology solutions for clients who prefer to transact with us electronically or we can provide high touch personal service at your direction in your home or office if you prefer.